Friday, July 31, 2009

It Ain't Where You're From, It's Where You're At

Cali Born.
Golden State Warrior.
Houston Bred.Eighty's Made.
Louisiana Nurtured.
"Yeah, I know that I'm not from the hood, but then again, I don't live in Friendswood. I know I'm not doing as good as I should, but I've got dreams as big as my foot." -Dbo-Austin Grown.
Clutch City Resident.

We've all got to have some place that we come from.
This place that we come from is called home.
We set out on our travels.
We do the best we can.
We travel this big earth as we roam.

We've all got to have some place that we come from.
I said, this place that we come from is called home.
Even though we may love this place that's on the map,
I said, "It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at."

Mos Def - Habitat


4 comments:

Holly said...

my favorite part out of all of this - and maybe your entire upbringing - is that your mother made you and your brother match in bow ties. I'm so taking that page out of her play book in the future.

Holly said...

also, upon revisiting the page, you kind of looked like a magician at prom. and your right hand man would be the one to wear Jordan's with a suit.

Smiley said...

Very funny. Do not mistake my cane for a magic wand. It's a cane. For my stroll.

Louis Vuitton J's in 2003 were hood fabulous no matter where you were from.

Mr. Cash said...

Them j's are clean tho 4 real