Thursday, July 9, 2009

What Time Is It? Party Time

MJ Passes. The whole world dances in sorrow/celebration.

Sometimes the passing of a great hearkens us to revel in the the glory days. It does for me anyway. Being on hand for Houston's Michael Jackson Dance Party Tribute has certainly made my mind race back to a time when things were simpler. (Aside: Click that link. If you look close you can catch Vanessa, Enchantee, and Holly around the :15 mark in the first video.)


T-Pain - Time Machine


I'm going on a trip. I'll be back, homeboy, I'll see you later.
Going back to a time when I know everything was straighter.
And everything's great now, but back then it was greater.

One day you're going to recognize T-Pain is on some higher level thinking, but I'll save that lesson for another session.

To the point, the good ole days were just that; good. I firmly believe many suffer from the fear induced by nostalgia (which I swear is going to be in a future post) , but some things are as romantic as you remember them. Remember when you could not only get by "raising the roof", but you were actually on the up and up.


Check. Those. Cameos. In the labels to be specific.

Back when Stuart Scott was hip. For real, for real. (Did you notice that first guy sounded awfully like Trick Daddy? Or was that just me?) When you were out there searching for a "roni", riding the train was wholesome (?)** and
your idea of dirty dancing was doing "da dip."



You've got to respect that. While we're on the subject...

Rome - "I belong To You" was my joint. I'll never ever call another song my joint, but you've gotta feel me.





Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking into the future.

**Upon further inspection, not so much. Youthful innocence and naivety FTW.

No comments: