Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Vote or DIE


So I haven't gotten around to really keeping up on this here blogger, but we're still here, "still living" like Z-Ro the Crooked.

I made a point to call every one of my closest counterparts yesterday evening after I finished up at the polls. (See photo, Corporate Thugs ENT.)

I waited until election day because, for one, I procrastinated, and for two, It's symbolic to vote on election day. To me anyway. So I go to the polls. I run into my brother of course. As I always do on voting day. Upon receiving a very influential telephone call from my right hand man and co-author of nosuitnotie a few years back, I fully understand the importance and necessity of exercising my right to vote. Vote or DIE. I mean it. We all need to understand that the civil rights movement was not that long ago. So any chance you get to assert your rights as an equal citizen, you should do your civic duty. Follow that up with the fact that just because the widest spread voting rights law was passed in 1965, that doesn't mean change happened overnight. This isn't a video game, there's no instant gratification. Remember the Emancipation Proclamation? People fought long and hard for us to be able to vote. Died. Water hosed. Lynched. <-- take this opportunity to inform yourself.) So what's the hurt in voting. For anyone that has followed our Great Debaters group can very publicly see my views on voting. Do it. I just so happen to know a lot of Obama supporters. Now riddle me this...If you call yourself supporting any candidate, that's all good and well. If you don't call yourself voting for that person, then, "what're you sayyiiing though?" I was presented with the statement, "....this will be my first time ever voting for anything of this nature, and if [Barack] doesn't win I will be convinced my vote doesn't count and I'll probably never vote again." Now I would never argue with that because that's how a lot of people think. BUT, I would say then you need to vote. In the primary. We're in Texas. Vastly republican majority. So if you really want your favorite Democrat, or Republican, to be president, then it's essential that you make sure you'll have that opportunity. Which means you needed to vote in the primary. Now for all of you Obamanians out there, he lost the public vote in Texas yesterday. If he doesn't represent the Democratic party in Nov and you don't have the opportunity to vote for him, I don't want to hear it. Your vote is going to count for a whole lot less come November. Make your ancestors proud. Vote or DIE. It's not over though.

In other news.



"Cheers to the future and a toast to life,
I'm Prive-ing in Miami, I'm a socialite..."

Vacation in 3 days. LETSGETIT.

"...I mean I had a dream that God gave me FLIGHT.
Too fly for my own good, that's why God gave me plight."
-Lupe Fiasco-

No comments: