Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sam Cook "change gone come"

"Life aint meant to come around twice, thats why I got to get it right. They said I got it honest now I got to give it life, but sleep on it thats why god gives you night..." Lupe Fiasco, Food and Liquor.



I know its been a while since I have posted I am still getting used to this internet thing. Give me 10 more days and I will have this daily posting thing down.

This weekend I was at a friends house who has a younger brother I believe the youngster is 16 or so. He was walking around the house with his ipod blasting a rapper who shall rename nameless due to the fact that I do not respect him. I asked the youngster who his favorite rappers were, and needless to say we did not agree on any of his top 15. I asked him to name some of his favorite songs and they were even worse than his list of top rappers. The music game is damn near ruined and is corrupting the younger generations. Well thats my opinion at least. When I was a kid there were not this many options of trash music out there. You could not just make it to stardom with a song with a catchy hook, you actually had to be able to rap. Your music actually had to have substance. What happened to rappers being true, and rapping so vividly that you can close your eyes and actually picture everything they were saying.

Now a days people who talk about nothing or whose raps are filled with lies go platinum. Whats the world coming to? You know I have basically been listening to the same rappers my entire life with a few exceptions. I want you to think about it because maybe you have been to.




In case you have not heard Obama lost the primaries in Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island yesterday, but hey he did win Vermont. Im upset he did not win Texas but how upset can I really be I did not even vote. You know 4 years I gave my boy a lengthy speech on how important it was to vote, how people died for us to be able to have this right and look at me I didnt even get out there and do my duty. So I believe that makes me a hypocrite, and I deserve an ass whooping for that one. Im sure my older brother will be the one to delegate out that punishment, no homo. I apologize for not getting out there big bro.
Im happy and upset at the same time. Upset because Obama will more than likely not represent the Democrats in the election in November as the Presidential candidate, but happy because I believe Hillary has to make him her running mate, read this. Thats an enormous step for African Americans, and more so America in General. Look back to America 25 years see where America stood on this issue, than look back 50 years, in the famous words of Sam Cook " Change is Gone Come". At the end of the day you have got to crawl before you walk.

"There are two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know"
-Unknown-
Once again from my older brother.

No comments: