Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Country Tis of Thee


10 days later. I went on vaca, work with me. Exhibit A ^^^^ "And I run with a player circle."
So here goes. I've now flown in a plane for the first time. I really wanted to take pictures, but I forgot the digi so we'll just have to go off of word of mouth. Flying is not safe. But it is amazing. The idea of gaining enough speed that you no longer stay on the ground is not a good idea. Really. Think about it. Both times I sat next to the wing and when the flaps flew up you can see all the gizmos and contraptions that are holding your plane together and suspending you in mid-air. Be serious. Anyway, enough of that. Flying is what that is. I don't really want to address the initial flight because I didn't get to experience it like I would fully have liked. But there was no panicking. While flying is not a good idea, the actual act of being in the clouds is. That's that.
Miami is not real life.
But back to the topic at hand. "My country [tis of thee], she wants to get rid of me..."





So long story short, somewhere in the first day of the Miami experience I no longer have any identification or cards. What bothers me the most? No more library card. I just got that when I went to go vote. Anywho, here I am back to life, back to reality and it's time to reestablish my identity and there's a number of complications. So I get a traffic violation whilst in Florida. So I need a copy of the registration on my scooter faxed to me. Scooterman, where's my registration? I gave you 3 days to fax it. Work with me, I'm just trying to legitimize my situation. So there's that. Scooterman, where's my deposit money? It's been 3 days. Then there's the credit card fraud. So if you lose your ID's in Dade county, it's apparently protocol to charge up $### in charges at gas stations in an inordinate amount of time. Now that's fine. Credit card theft is pretty run of the mill. They got me cause I didn't cancel fast enough. My bad. Add to that...I tried to file a police report and the police wouldn't call me back..and when I go to the station they give me a little no nothing slip of paper instead of filing a police report. What's really good about that? So let's keep walking down this path. All is good, I get back to Texas after extra security checks and all that for having no ID's. It's time to file a "credit card fraud report" and the form is extra long and doesn't allow me to get my charges back until I've called all the establishments to talk to them, which I haven't done yet because I had my last few days of work. Oh yeah, my last day of work was yesterday. But that's another story. Anywho, so I've got that to take care of, which is fine. I've got a little more time on my hands. So today is Saturday. I decide to start getting my life in order and going to talk to the bank to get a new card. "Sir we can't do that without a state-issued ID." I can understand that and respect it, well anyway I need to make a withdrawal because i can't get an ID without any cash and I had everything stolen, but luckily I have this here Social Security Card and this here Birth Certificate. "Let me go talk to my manager." (talks to manager) (he tells her no, but loudly enough for me to hear it." Pardon me good sir, I understand I don't have an ID, but here's the issue. I need to reestablish my ID and I can't do so if I can't pay to get a new DL and I can't do that without cash which I can't get cause I have no cards so let's try to work something out." (reluctantly agrees.) Come on homie, this is America, work with me. If you're gonna make my life harder when I get frauded then maybe I should just move to Canada.

Requests:
Thomas DeCarlo Callaway - Cee-Lo Green is the Soul Machine
Thomas DeCarlo Callaway - Cee-Lo Green and His Perfect Imperfections
2 HUN ft. C-Hawk, GP the Paperboy, DJ Royalty - Watch Out

Song of the Day - Dedicated to Barry Hammond

1 comment:

William G. Cash said...

Yeah, that ID and card situation sucks and its a hassle to get it all straight, but eventually you get it all straight......

Lol @ you posting Watch Out. That's wasup. Still a classic.